Discovery Playschool (19mo-less than 3 years)
Our Discovery Playschool classroom is designed to enrich young minds and bodies through some of their most formative years.
This beautiful age of early childhood development is an important one. Your child’s brain is constantly growing – taking in everything they see, hear, touch, taste and smell. Our classrooms are designed and furnished with stimulating, age-appropriate, toys, books, games, colors and activities for children to safely explore the world around them with curiosity and creativity.
Purposeful play, rhythmic songs, creative shapes, stimulating colors and movement focused activities, encourage an early love of learning and exploration through the Performing Arts! Our programming is specifically unique, in that children are exposed to a rich offering of gross motor activities both indoors and outdoors.
We are located in a beautiful 12,000 square foot Performing Arts Facility that provides unique opportunities for children to learn and grow through the arts. Unlike most childcare centres, children at Arts In Motion move through the facility for activities throughout the day. So, rather than being restricted to one specific classroom, children are exposed to a variety of meaningful new experiences and spaces each day!
A Day In The Life!
- Arrival/Free Play: Children arrive in the centre and participate in self-directed play.
- Snack: Snack is served between 9:00 to 9:30. Educators help children with hand washing and bathroom routines as needed.
- Studio Time: Children will participate in gross motor activities, music class, games with balls, stretching, dancing and general guided gross motor activities in our dance studio classroom.
- Open Art/Morning Nap: Children engage in open-ended crafts related to a weekly or monthly educational theme. Educators prepare crafts and/or projects for the children and assist in learning, developing, and exploring creativity. This is a quiet time in the Mini Movers classroom that also allows for those phasing out of morning naps, the opportunity to rest in a quiet space if needed.
- Indoor/Outdoor Child-Directed Play: Children play indoors or outdoors (weather permitting) to help enhance fine and gross motor skill development.
- Lunch Time: A nutritious lunch is prepared on site by our resident chef at the “Happy Cafe”. Educators assist in serving lunch, then sit and interact with children while they eat.
- Nap Time: Educators sit with children as they fall asleep. They will then complete detailed cleaning of toys, documentation for parent reports and prepare the next set of activities before the children wake up.
- Snack: Educators sit and interact with children while snack is being served.
- Indoor/Outdoor Child-Directed Play: Children play indoors or outdoors (weather permitting) to help enhance fine and gross motor skills.
- Activity Centres: Children participate in self-directed play at the wide variety of activity centres available in the classroom.
- Free-Play + Pick Up: As parents pick up they will be directed to enter through our main lobby area via the login system available at the door.
Hand Washing and Bathroom Routine: Educators help children with hand washing and bathroom routines as needed throughout the day.