Mini Movers (12 to 18 months)
Mini Movers (12-18 months)
The small-group setting of our toddler classroom is ideal for providing individualized interaction and instruction that our young eager learners need and desire. Our Mini Movers classroom is dedicated to children 12-18 months old. In addition to their own dedicated play space and sleeping room, children experience a shared classroom experience alongside our toddler room for a variety of play based + developmentally appropriate activities.
Each day includes studio time to introduce a variety of music, movement and gross motor activities to your child. Positive social interactions with other children, child-led play, experienced educators and open art encourage exploration and creativity to help develop young, healthy, minds + bodies!
With a full experience rich day inside our 12,000 square foot performing arts facility, we place high value on the importance of proper nutrition and healthy sleep patterns that will allow your child’s growing mind the greatest opportunity for healthy growth and development. Our Mini Movers classroom is designed tofeel like home. Beautiful cribs and dedicated sleeping areas allow for a comfortable and safe place to sleep with soothing white noise and a dark, cozy space for children to fall asleep quickly – enjoying a peaceful rest where they may wake refreshed and ready to continue their fun + active day at the centre.
A Day In The Life!
- Arrival/Free Play: Children arrive in the centre and participate in self-directed play.
- Snack: Snack is served between 9:00 to 9:30. Educators help children with hand washing and bathroom routines as needed.
- Studio Time: Children will participate in gross motor activities, music class, games with balls, stretching, dancing and general guided gross motor activities in our dance studio classroom.
- Open Art/Morning Nap: Children engage in open-ended crafts related to a weekly or monthly educational theme. Educators prepare crafts and/or projects for the children and assist in learning, developing, and exploring creativity. This is a quiet time in the Mini Movers classroom that also allows for those phasing out of morning naps, the opportunity to rest in a quiet space if needed.
- Indoor/Outdoor Child-Directed Play: Children play indoors or outdoors (weather permitting) to help enhance fine and gross motor skill development.
- Lunch Time: A nutritious lunch is prepared on site by our resident chef at the “Happy Cafe”. Educators assist in serving lunch, then sit and interact with children while they eat.
- Nap Time: Educators sit with children as they fall asleep. They will then complete detailed cleaning of toys, documentation for parent reports and prepare the next set of activities before the children wake up.
- Snack: Educators sit and interact with children while snack is being served.
- Indoor/Outdoor Child-Directed Play: Children play indoors or outdoors (weather permitting) to help enhance fine and gross motor skills.
- Activity Centres: Children participate in self-directed play at the wide variety of activity centres available in the classroom.
- Free-Play + Pick Up: As parents pick up they will be directed to enter through our main lobby area via the login system available at the door.
Hand Washing and Bathroom Routine: Educators help children with hand washing and bathroom routines as needed throughout the day.